[GE users] execd on stateless nodes

David Rioja rams at englobe-tec.com
Thu Dec 4 17:31:43 GMT 2008

Hello,
I have to install execd in my stateless (diskless bootable) nodes. I
have a fs root for the node image in my master node fs. Normally I
install stuff using chroot to that base directory but I can't use this
strategy for sge_execd installation because of the tests the script makes.

Has anyone installed in diskless cluster nodes? Any ideas?

I've thought to install normally in a booted sample node and then copy
the resultant root file system to the master, but I don't know if
installation script stores something relative to the hostname.

Another alternative (somehow bizarre) is to make an automated install at
boot time using an script.

Regards,
David