[GE users] inst_sge insists SGE_JMX_PORT is defined

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Thu Dec 4 19:45:29 GMT 2008

I'm doing an automated install of may master node. I do not plan on
using JMX, so I did not define SGE_JMX_PORT in my installation template:

SGE_JMX_PORT="Please enter port"

However, when I run inst_sge to install the master node, I get an
because. SGE_JMX_PORT isn't defined:

./inst_sge -csp -m -auto
/usr/local/share/sge6/util/install_modules/aurora.conf
Reading configuration from file
/usr/local/share/sge6/util/install_modules/aurora.conf
Your >SGE_JMX_PORT< entry is invalid, please enter a number between 1
and number of execution host

This error shouldn't occur unless I specify the -jmx switch to inst_sge,
correct? If I put a value in for SGE_JMX_PORT to get rid of this error,
will it install/enable JMX even though I don't want it?

--
Prentice