[GE users] installing sge 6.2 -- cluster name --

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 05:56:33 GMT 2008

I totally agree with John.

There are so many ways to setup Linux, and with so many Linux distributions out there, it is really hard to find out why something's not working on via an email list. (And not to mention that SGE also supports many other operating systems than Linux)

back to your question, root does not always have permission to write to anywhere on a Unix system, so you should check and see why the install program can't write to /root -- it can be that /root is mounted as read-only.

 -Ron