[GE users] How to modify the default name of the output file [ System Based ]

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Dec 6 11:36:18 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 05.12.2008 um 17:16 schrieb Alessio Terpin:

>   I wish to modify the default name of stdout and stderr of the job,
>  without using the  -o -e switch in the  submit jobs script,
>  to relocate this output going to the a local directory on the node,

you mean, the output files are kept on the nodes? Will they ever be
deleted automatically; and the user have to use a webbrowser to
access exactly the node the job run on to get the output - any
special reason for this setup?

> that is served back by apache,
>  the mail  wrapper is necessary to get the URL to the user that have
> submit the job, so that also

Please have a look at `man sge_request` to set the default in general
for all users. Note the special pseudo-variables to -e and -o to get
the username and/or job_id and so on in `man qsub`.

>  the automatic mail sending at the begging is a good for me.
>  Moreover now I have make the prototype using bash, but i don't get
> the
> enviroment variable back. i.e. JOB_ID is missing,

Correct, the mail is sent by root with a different environment.

>  in which way I can get it ?  I have find the mailwrapper.txt that
> use a
> perl wrapper, to create the mail, .

This is the way to go I think.