[GE users] sge 6.2 arco on linux install problem

jana jana.olivova at sun.com
Tue Dec 9 10:52:32 GMT 2008

Hi Chris,

The console runs under user noaccess or nobody (on linux), this is
already set in the inst_reporting script that starts the smcwebserver
after installing arco.

The arco_read user is a user set to access the database, should only
have read privileges to the arco database, all SQL command are executed
as this user.

The users that are defined during the installation of reporting in this
step:
107 Configure users with write access
108 ---------------------------------
109
110 Users: myuser1
111 Enter a login name of a user (Press enter to finish) >>
112

Are the user who will be able to edit, delete and save queries in the
console. If a user is not defined here, he will be only able to run the
existing queries.

If you continue having problems and have the possibility to use Solaris
host for reporting installation, I would recommend that.

Jana