[GE users] 16GB and 4GB Queue?

seca2 at freenet.de seca2 at freenet.de
Tue Dec 9 15:28:37 GMT 2008

Hi,

i hava a question. We have a System with 9 hosts, every host has quad-core cpu and 16gb ram. Now we want to have 2 queues, so that users can send to one queue if they want the 4 cpus and 16 GB Ram, so on a machine with such a job running, there shouldn't start any other job. If users send to another queue it should use one of the cpus and 4gb ram, it should then be possible to run 4 jobs on one machine.

is this possible? i don't get through this consumables and complex configuration.

i have set h_vmem for every host to 16gb. i have made complex configuration h_vmem requestable, default 4gb. i have created 2 queueus, one nodes_fullmem.q one nodes_light.q. i have set for nodes_fullmem.q the slots to 1 in nodes_light.q the slots to 4. no i thought if someone requests h_vmem=16gb he should automatically get a slot of nodes_fullmem.q if he requests h_vmem=4gb he should get nodes_light.q.

hope someone can helps!

thx in advance

bubbas