[GE users] Is this a bug?

Aaron Turner aaron at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 15:58:16 GMT 2008

reuti wrote:
> Then it will set h_vmem=0 but not infinity, you can of course specify
> h_vmem=infinity. As one can expect, the application will crash with
> zero memory.

Is perhaps the failure mode of the application somehow dragging down the
queue? The error states on the queues can be cleared relatively easily,
but it does block new jobs until the point that this has been done.

> But I can't see queues getting into error state after this. Which
> version of SGE are you using on which platform?

We are running on Scientific Linux (4.5) on Opterons, and we had this
issue under 6.1u4 and it still happens with 6.2

Regards,

   Aaron Turner