[GE users] 16GB and 4GB Queue?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Dec 9 16:20:17 GMT 2008

Am 09.12.2008 um 16:54 schrieb Aaron Turner:

> Hello,
>
> We have what might be a similar set up.
>
> h_vmem is set as consumable, and an amount of memory is set (that
> can be
> consumed) for each host.
>
> This might be what you are looking for.
>
> Note that although we have machines with 32GB RAM the maximum RAM that
> can be consumed is 31GB to give the OS some room to work. Similary on
> our 16GB and 8GB machines the memory that may be consumed is set to 15
> and 7GB respectively.

I think 1GB is too much for the OS. Assuming that not all running
programs will really use up the memory up to the last reserved byte,
for me it's working fine to set physical memory=exechost setting. As
swapping is only occuring seldom, it's even sufficient to have a
small swap space from 1 GB or less on disk.