[GE users] 16GB and 4GB Queue?

seca2 at freenet.de seca2 at freenet.de
Tue Dec 9 16:31:11 GMT 2008

hi thank you for your responses.

i think a) is the best way for our purpose. we use matlab on the hosts. matlab can be run in multithreading mode or no threading. in dependance of how it is run it uses the 4 cpus of a host or only one. so we want to use matlab without multithreading if a job with 4G is requested. so that there can run 4 matlab sessions with each 4G on one host. otherwise if someone requests 16G then matlab should run multithread and also use the 4 cpus since, no other job can be started on this machine.

this should be possible going with a) ?

we don't plan to use real parallel jobs.

thank you again.

bubbas