[GE users] sge6.2 pe bug ?

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Wed Dec 10 09:45:40 GMT 2008

Hi,

We are running with SGE 6.2 code.

There would appear to be a buglet in the parallel code .

qsub -pe calibre 8 -l CSR_SITE=sj
/home/sgeadm/sge/examples/jobs/simple.sh            DOES WORKS
qsub -q all.q -pe calibre 8 /home/sgeadm/sge/examples/jobs/simple.sh
DOES WORKS
qsub -q all.q -pe calibre 8 -l CSR_SITE=sj
/home/sgeadm/sge/examples/jobs/simple.sh DOES NOT WORK - pends

=> with a pe, can specify a queue OR a -l , but NOT both ???

Has this been reported/observed before, or have I missed something ?

I look forward to your combined wisdom..

Best regards

Colin Thomas