[GE users] Per-node group priorities?

Jim Zajkowski jamesez at umich.edu
Wed Dec 10 22:20:25 GMT 2008

On 12/10/08 5:14 PM, "craffi" <dag at sonsorol.org> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Jim Zajkowski wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to configure SGE so that jobs submitted by members of
>> a group have a preference for a specific set of nodes?

> - Do you have a specific set of 20 machines you want to use for these
> 2 groups or do you want to pull any 20 nodes out of a much larger farm?

I am indifferent - we simply ordered 20 identical machines (Sun Blade
x6250), and they're all racked together and share the same SAN, etc.

> - Would any other users or groups active on these 20 servers?

No.

>> the other being that the tools being run already expect an SGE environment.

> Out of curiosity, what are the tools?

One of the PIs has brought along the scripts and procedures from his
previous location.  They are biologists and not computer scientists, I'd
prefer little disruption as possible.  That being said I'm open to non-SGE
solutions.

Thanks,

--Jim