[GE users] Mail notification

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 10 23:17:05 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 10.12.2008 um 18:04 schrieb bilhanb at hotmail.com:

> Hello,
> How can I customize the email notification in SGE? I would like the
> email subject line (or email body) to contain the job arguments.
> For example when I submit a job like this:
>
> # qsub runjob.sh inputfile.dat
>
> I get an e-mail with subject line:
>
> Job 1274 (runjob.sh) Complete
>
> I would like it to be like this:
>
> Job 1274 (runjob.sh inputfile.dat) Complete

the mentioned name here is not only the one of the used jobscript,
but also the one you can set with -N. Hence you can submit your job
with:

$ qsub -N inputfile.dat runjob.sh

and then use $JOB_NAME for the to be used input file in the
jobscript. The email will have the correct name automatically then.

-- Reuti