[GE users] DRMAA and SGE 6.2

Hugo Hernandez-Mora hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Wed Dec 10 23:25:28 GMT 2008

Hello all,
I have installed SGE 6.2 on a testing cluster.  Our production cluster is using SGE 6.1u4 and it depends on a java application which uses DRMAA to submit jobs into the cluster.   With the new SGE version, we are trying to use the same java application (using one of our submit hosts as server) and seconds after the server started, java crashed reporting the following error messages:

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000002ba36cd01e, pid=10779, tid=1131698528 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.6.0_02-b05 mixed mode) # Problematic frame:
# C  [libdrmaa.so.1.0+0xc501e]  cl_com_connection_complete_request+0x41e

Just to note, we are sourcing the correct paths for SGE_ROOT, SGE_CELL, etc. in the settings.sh script.  We have disabled DRMAA on the server and it started without problem.  Any suggestions will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-Hugo

--
Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora
System Administrator
hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
--

"Si seus esfor?os, foram vistos com indefren?a, não desanime,
que o sol faze un espectacolo maravilhoso todas as manhãs