[GE users] DRMAA and SGE 6.2

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 10 23:48:57 GMT 2008

please don't hijack a thread by editing the subject and message, but
create a new email instead with just the address
"users at gridengine.sunsource.net" to be entered. They will show up as
one thread in the archive or several email programs otherwise.

Am 11.12.2008 um 00:25 schrieb Hugo Hernandez-Mora:
> Hello all,
> I have installed SGE 6.2 on a testing cluster.  Our production
> cluster is using SGE 6.1u4 and it depends on a java application
> which uses DRMAA to submit jobs into the cluster.   With the new
> SGE version, we are trying to use the same java application (using
> one of our submit hosts as server) and seconds after the server
> started, java crashed reporting the following error messages:
>
> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000002ba36cd01e, pid=10779,
> tid=1131698528 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
> (1.6.0_02-b05 mixed mode) # Problematic frame:
> # C  [libdrmaa.so.1.0+0xc501e]  cl_com_connection_complete_request
> +0x41e

I don't get, what is running where. On the submit machine you started
the SGE 6.2 qmaster, or what do you mean by server on a submit host?

-- Reuti