[GE users] DRMAA and SGE 6.2

hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 11 00:16:13 GMT 2008

Hello all,
I have installed SGE 6.2 on a testing cluster. Our production cluster is using SGE 6.1u4 and it depends on a java application which uses DRMAA to submit jobs into the cluster. With the new SGE version, we are trying to use the same java application (using one of our submit hosts as server) and seconds after the server started, java crashed reporting the following error messages:

# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000002ba36cd01e, pid=10779, tid=1131698528 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.6.0_02-b05 mixed mode) # Problematic frame:
# C [libdrmaa.so.1.0+0xc501e] cl_com_connection_co?mplete_request+0x41e?

Just to note, we are sourcing the correct paths for SGE_ROOT, SGE_CELL, etc. in the settings.sh script. We have disabled DRMAA on the server and it started without problem.

What I have set on my testing cluster is a qmaster host, a shadow host, a submit host and two execution hosts with 6 slots in total.   The java application is running on the submit host as a server for the application.   The users must connect into this server to submit their jobs into the cluster. This means, the users must access the submit host as it is set but they are not using the command line to submit their jobs (using qsub or so) but using the java application installed as a server in the submit host.   In the user side, they have installed the a java client to access the application.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
-Hugo