[GE users] DRMAA and SGE 6.2

crei crei at sun.com
Thu Dec 11 09:34:24 GMT 2008

    [ The following text is in the "UTF-8" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Hi Hugo,

cl_com_connection_complete_request() looks like a commlib function. Is 
it possible to run the server with commlib debugging turned on?

The commlib debugging is printed to stdout when the SGE_COMMLIB_DEBUG
environment variable is set to a value 1, 2, 3, or 4 (1= log errors,
2= log warnings, 3= log info, 4= log debug).

Perhaps it does help to analyze the problem. A core dump would be 
helpful ...



On 12/11/08 10:02, rhierlmeier wrote:
> Hi Hugo,
> On 12/11/08 01:15, admin at sunsource.net wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I have installed SGE 6.2 on a testing cluster. Our production cluster is using SGE 6.1u4 and it depends on a java application which uses DRMAA to submit jobs into the cluster. With the new SGE version, we are trying to use the same java application (using one of our submit hosts as server) and seconds after the server started, java crashed reporting the following error messages:
>> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
>> #
>> # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000002ba36cd01e, pid=10779, tid=1131698528 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.6.0_02-b05 mixed mode) # Problematic frame:
>> # C [libdrmaa.so.1.0+0xc501e] cl_com_connection_co?mplete_request+0x41e?
>> Just to note, we are sourcing the correct paths for SGE_ROOT, SGE_CELL, etc. in the settings.sh script. We have disabled DRMAA on the server and it started without problem. 
>> What I have set on my testing cluster is a qmaster host, a shadow host, a submit host and two execution hosts with 6 slots in total.   The java application is running on the submit host as a server for the application.   The users must connect into this server to submit their jobs into the cluster. This means, the users must access the submit host as it is set but they are not using the command line to submit their jobs (using qsub or so) but using the java application installed as a server in the submit host.   In the user side, they have installed the a java client to access the application.
>> Any suggestions will be very appreciated.
> What version do you have excatly?
>     6.2 or 6.2u1?
> Do you have a coredump?
> On what platform does the problem occur?
> Richard
>> Thanks in advance,
>> -Hugo
>> ------------------------------------------------------
>> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=92136
>> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].

Sun Microsystems GmbH             Christian Reissmann
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7             Software Engineer
D-93049 Regensburg                Phone: +49 (0)941 3075 112
Germany                           Fax:   +49 (0)941 3075 222
http://www.sun.de                 mailto: Christian.Reissmann at sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Martin Haering


To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].

More information about the gridengine-users mailing list