[GE users] DRMAA and SGE 6.2

andreas andreas.haas at sun.com
Thu Dec 11 09:39:10 GMT 2008

Actually it is hard to say what might be the actual reason for this crash.

What I find strange however is that cl_com_connection_complete_request() does
check for 'connection_list' being non-NULL before it is being dereferenced:

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/gridengine/source/libs/comm/cl_communication.c?revision=1.75.2.1&view=markup&pathrev=V62_BRANCH

that means if cl_com_connection_complete_request() would crash, when it was called
with connection_list == NULL.

@Hugo: Having a stack trace still would be helpful, since there are three locations where
cl_com_connection_complete_request() is being used by commlib.

Regards,
Andreas

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Hugo Hernandez-Mora wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have installed SGE 6.2 on a testing cluster.  Our production cluster is using SGE 6.1u4 and it depends on a java application which uses DRMAA to submit jobs into the cluster.   With the new SGE version, we are trying to use the same java application (using one of our submit hosts as server) and seconds after the server started, java crashed reporting the following error messages:
>
> # An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000002ba36cd01e, pid=10779, tid=1131698528 # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (1.6.0_02-b05 mixed mode) # Problematic frame:
> # C  [libdrmaa.so.1.0+0xc501e]  cl_com_connection_complete_request+0x41e
>
> Just to note, we are sourcing the correct paths for SGE_ROOT, SGE_CELL, etc. in the settings.sh script.  We have disabled DRMAA on the server and it started without problem.  Any suggestions will be very appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> -Hugo
>
> --
> Hugo R. Hernandez-Mora
> System Administrator
> Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA
> 635 Charles E. Young Drive South, Suite 225
> Los Angeles, CA 90095-7332
> Tel: 310.267.5076
> Fax: 310.206.5518
> hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
> --
>
> "Si seus esfor?os, foram vistos com indefren?a, não desanime,
> que o sol faze un espectacolo maravilhoso todas as manhãs
> cuando a maior parte das pessoas, ainda estam durmindo"

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028