[GE users] sge 6.2 arco on linux install problem

christoph christoph.beyer at desy.de
Fri Dec 12 11:12:48 GMT 2008

Hi Jana,

the afs authentication is token based a bit similar to kerberos. As the token gets lost once 'adminrun' is executed you face the ususal problems when you try to read/write files which are in afs. Those people who use these global filesystems on a regular base as admins are probably more aware of what todo to avoid these problems in one or the other way than I :( I simply redirected some of the 'new paths' like $SEG_ROOT/reporting on a local fs and opened some other afs trees for worldwide read that made the trick so far...

cheers & thanks for support
christoph