[GE users] installing sge master

Rafid Al-Khannak alkhannak at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 14 17:52:31 GMT 2008

Dear Prentice and all,

thanks for the notes, they are very helpful and the command qconf is working
now

--but about the qmon

1- when i wrote          qmon          the following message appears:

qmon: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

2- and when i wrote       ldd 'which qmon'       the following message
appears:

ldd: ./which qmon: No such file or directory

about the first case i downloaded a package contains the libXm.so.3 and put
it in /usr/X11R6/lib (as i did with the libXm.so.2, libXm.so.2.1)

but the same message always appear for the first case:

qmon: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

--also after i followed the notes that you gave me i wrote       ps -ef |
grep sge         and the output was:

root      3307     1  0 17:33 ?        00:00:00
/home/sun/bin/lx24-x86/sge_qmaster
root      4135  4041  0 17:54 pts/2    00:00:00 grep sge

does that mean the system is working properly? (because when i checked the
"Verifying the Installation" chaper it was almost the same output but not
exactly the same)

and what about the qmon?

regards,
rafid