[GE users] xmlqstat tuning

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Mon Dec 15 13:54:49 GMT 2008

> I am trying to customize some xsl of xmlqstat to perfectly match our
> needs and I get some problems to understand the xml output of qstat.
> When I want to get the details of a patriculat job, qstat give me an
> xml element JAT_status if and only if the job is running. If the job
> is in qw or qw, we don't get status information in the xml output. I
> am using simply "qstat -j JOBID".

It is particularly important to know exactly which version you are
using. In 6.1 there were some fields missing from the xml output that
have presumably been remedied in 6.2, but I haven't checked all of it
yet.

If you just want a general overview of jobs, you probably don't need to
parse the -j JOBID output at all. Running a plain "qstat -xml" without
any further arguments gives you the <state>...</state> field too.
In fact, you'll notice that the xmlqstat has two parallel sets of xslt
templates: one set should work well with using file caching from the
qlicserver output (and generally avoids qstat -j) and the other set
corresponds to Chris' version that doesn't need an external caching
daemon.

BTW: while you are working on xmlqstat, if you get the cocoon caching
working properly, I would be really interested.

/mark
message from your computer.