[GE users] xmlqstat tuning (FireFox 3 JavaScript problem)

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Mon Dec 15 14:21:11 GMT 2008

> We are using SGE 6.2.
> In fact, I try to use the xsl directly from PHP because xmlqstat does
> not work with IE, which is the default browser in my company.

Getting IE to work with xhtml would also be a good solution ;)

> It does not work too with firefox 3, that's why I'm trying to do so.

^^^ This one is really easy to fix (I ran into it too, but hadn't gotten
around to pushing my changes through).

The problem is with javascript in FireFox 3.
Find the sections in the xslt that have <script ...> and give them some
content. In this case, I just added javascript "//" comments:

<!-- NB: <script> .. </script> needs some (any) content -->
<script src="javascript/cookie.js" type="text/javascript">
  // Dortch cookies
</script>
<script src="javascript/xmlqstat.js" type="text/javascript">
  // display altering code
</script>

This should solve your problem.
Since there are probably others with a similar problem, I adjusted the
subject line to improve the chances of finding this solution.

> I will try to see the caching from qlicserver, but maybe it will be
> simpler to add DOM element to the xmloutput directly from php and add
> new elements into xsl.

If the above works, the rest should work out of the box.

/mark

message from your computer.