[GE users] installing sge master

Rafid Al-Khannak alkhannak at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 15 20:57:33 GMT 2008

Dear Prentice and All,

Thanks about all the instruction about which qmon and the others it was
working.

i already installed openmotif even before writting the email but the
package ( " openmotif-2.1.32-2_IST.i586.rpm<http://www.ist.co.uk/DOWNLOADS/motif_files/openmotif-2.1.32-2_IST.i586.rpm>
"
from this link http://www.ist.co.uk/DOWNLOADS/motif_download.html) didn't
contain libXm.so.3 so i was searching for libXm.so.3 because that was the
problem (from the output i got) and i found a package it should work with my
linux os ( " openmotif22-libs-2.2.4-84.i586.rpm<ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/opensuse/distribution/10.3/repo/oss/suse/i586/openmotif22-libs-2.2.4-84.i586.rpm>
"
from this link http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libXm.so.3)
and i copied libXm.so.3 at the same place where i copied libXm.so.2 and
libXm.so.2.1 but when i wrote         ldd $(which qmon)      it shows me
that all libraries except for libXm.so.3 it shows not found

could it be that the package i downloaded is not working with my os?
or how to download this libXm.so.3? or how to copy it (because i followed
the instruction in
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Other+Installation+Issues#OtherInstallationIssues-VerifyingandInstallingLinuxMotifLibraries
)

oh and by the way when i tried to extract the file from the above
instruction it wasn't working (it tells me that this file cannot be
relocated) so i right click on the file and extract here but i copied
libXm.so.3 using the instruction and it was working could that be a problem
i also extract it in another place not /tmp/test (i'm only talking about the
second package with the libXm.so.3)

regards,
rafid