[GE users] moving SGE to another disk

RRay at semtech.com RRay at semtech.com
Tue Dec 16 21:15:52 GMT 2008

I did read that how-to, but it is for a newer version of SGE than I am
currently running (running 6.1 right now).  Is there any reason I couldn't
do those steps manually?  What exactly does the migrate script do?

Russell Ray
rray at semtech.com

ron <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com>
12/16/2008 03:12 PM
Please respond to
users <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] moving SGE to another disk

You can, if you want to, not drain all the jobs when the SGE master gets
moved.

Did you read the HOWTO?
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/sge_migrate.html

In case something goes wrong, you can always use sym links to make sure
that the file path changes won't affect the SGE setup.

 -Ron