[GE users] after completing n jobs, I receive only n-1 confirmation emails

Anton Kratz anton.kratz at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 17 02:42:09 GMT 2008

I am new to Grid Engine.

I wrote a bash-script (please see below) that takes a file as command line
parameter 1.
That file, given as clp1, is just a list of lines, each line invokes a
script I wrote and some parameters. There are 25 lines.

Now when I qsub this to our Grid Engine installation, it does indeed execute
the 25 scripts, but I always get only 48 emails.
I.e. 24 start emails and 24 completion emails.
But the program has actually been started and completed 25 time (the results
are there).

So the start and completion emails for one job are always missing.

There are also not in the Spam-folder of my receiving email address.

Thanks for your help,
Anton

#$ -M my-email-address at mailserver.com
#$ -m be
#$ -cwd
#$ -e IO/error/
#$ -o IO/out/
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -t 1-25
SEEDFILE=$1
SEED=$(cat $SEEDFILE | head -n $SGE_TASK_ID | tail -n 1)
$SEED