[GE users] cant delete host from SGE

Yuval Adar adary at marvell.com
Wed Dec 17 09:22:25 GMT 2008

In certain rare cases I'm not able to remove a host completely from SGE

[117] root at sge_master ==>qconf -de lnx400
Host object "lnx400" is still referenced in cluster queue "bulk".

When I look at the bulk queue, it doesn't reference the said host at all, and the host is not included in any host group that is included in that queue in fact, the host is not listed in any hostgroup at all :

bash-3.00# for i in `qconf -shgrpl`; do qconf -shgrp $i | grep lnx400; done
bash-3.00#

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?