[GE users] after completing n jobs, I receive only n-1 confirmation emails

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Dec 17 11:49:22 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 17.12.2008 um 03:42 schrieb Anton Kratz:

> I am new to Grid Engine.
>
> I wrote a bash-script (please see below) that takes a file as
> command line parameter 1.
> That file, given as clp1, is just a list of lines, each line
> invokes a script I wrote and some parameters. There are 25 lines.
>
> Now when I qsub this to our Grid Engine installation, it does
> indeed execute the 25 scripts, but I always get only 48 emails.
> I.e. 24 start emails and 24 completion emails.
> But the program has actually been started and completed 25 time
> (the results are there).
>
> So the start and completion emails for one job are always missing.
>
> There are also not in the Spam-folder of my receiving email address.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Anton
>

> #$ -M my-email-address at mailserver.com
> #$ -m be

#$ -m bea

to include also abortion mails is often useful.

Can you also please check the logfiles of your mail server on the
nodes and/or the headnode of the cluster? As the emails are sent from
the nodes, maybe in case of a direct delivery from the nodes to your
mailserver that one node has a wrong setup of the mail relaying or so.

-- Reuti