[GE users] cant delete host from SGE

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 17 20:04:44 GMT 2008

Yuval Adar wrote:
> In certain rare cases I'm not able to remove a host completely from SGE
>
> [117] root at sge_master ==>qconf -de lnx400
>
> Host object "lnx400" is still referenced in cluster queue "bulk".
>
> When I look at the bulk queue, it doesn't reference the said host at all,
> and the host is not included in any host group that is included in that
> queue in fact, the host is not listed in any hostgroup at all :

I had exactly this problem earlier today when renaming one of the compute
nodes.  I had removed the all references to the exec host from all queues, but
got a similar message to the one above.

I was fiddling a little with host_aliases, but I'm not sure if that had
anything to do with it.  After tryign various methods, I was eventually able
to remove it.

But it definitely looked like a bug from my end.

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)