[GE users] SGE license!!!

andy andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Fri Dec 19 14:40:50 GMT 2008

if you compile SGE yourself (and you do not intend to use the courtesy
binaries, whihc bt.w allows come wiht redistribution rights) you have to
follow the directions of the SISSL license - fortunately the SISSL is quite
liberal on what you want to achieve. See here:

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/Gridengine_SISSL_license.html

Read under "3.0 DISTRIBUTION OBLIGATIONS" what you need to do.

For sure it's a legal verbiage, however I believe it should be relatively
straightforward to understand and do what the SISSL license requires in case
of a (binary) code redistribution.

Specifially, it means you would *not* inlcude your own notices in the code
of the SGE binaries.

Regards,
Andy