[GE users] unable to find job file

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:20:39 GMT 2008

2008/12/20 magawake <magawake at gmail.com>

> We have over 300 jobs in our department's queue. But for some reason,
> everything is going into error state because we are getting this error,
> "unable to find job file /var/grid/default/spool/host003/job_scripts/33323

What is your $SGE_ROOT set to?

Do you have local spooling configured - ie  have you  defined
sge_execd_spool for your hosts?

Are you sure that on your setup /var/grid/default/spool should be local to
the exec hosts?
Is your setup such that /var/grid/default/spool is NFS mounted on the exec
hosts - by that I mean that the spool directory exists on the master node,
and the  exec hosts should mount it?
Then, in the short term, running a 'mount' on the exec hosts will fix
things.
In the long term you need to put the mount in the /etc/fstab