[Hedeby dev] [GE dev] Trying to build hedeby 1.0u2

dom marco.donauer at sun.com
Mon Dec 22 13:04:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

this was my mistake. I put this tar ball onto the opensource page.
We are alsways doing this for all projects. I adopted my snapshot script
for hadeby and it seems it's buggy.
I didn't know that I have to check ou tform different repositories.
I updated the wrong link and removed the wrong file for the download page.

Marco

easymf wrote:
> Small explanation below
>
> opoplawski wrote:
>
>> zwierzak wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just published hedeby sources on hedeby sunsource web page. In the common
>>> place where you can find our tar balls with sources.
>>>
>>> (List of available tar balls)
>>> http://hedeby.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=31
>>>
>>> (Link to the u2 file)
>>> http://hedeby.sunsource.net/files/documents/73/193/hedeby-source_V10_U2_TAG.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Enjoy playing with the code and building the project :)
>>>

>> thanks, that looks like a proper package and builds fine.
>>
>> I've got a naming question.  I'm packaging this up for eventual
>> inclusion into Fedora, but wondering what to call it.  I originally
>> named the package "gridengine-sdm".  Now it seems to be taking on the
>> project name "hedeby", which seems confusing at best since no files are
>> named "hedeby" - the command is "sdmadm".  So I'm leaning towards
>> keeping the "gridengine-sdm" name, but I'm wondering if this software is
>> useful without gridengine.
>>

> SDM stands for "Service Domain Manager" which is currently bundled with
> Sun Gridengine and is supported by Sun Microsystems.
> Hedeby is just a project codename for SDM - thus you can download
> sources from hedeby.sunsource.net, built it on your own but there is no
> support offered from Sun.
>
> The software is eventually useful without gridengine (there is API to
> extend to functionality beyond Gridengine integration) but currently we
> offer out-of-box only integration with Gridengine.
> If you want to port packages to Fedora, each official SDM release
> contains RPM packages so maybe they will save you some time (current
> version of SDM is 1.0u2, 1.0u3 is planned for release in near future).
> Regarding names, both "gridengine-sdm" or "sdm" sounds reasonable.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michal
>
>> Thoughts?

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         SUN Grid Engine Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028