[GE users] reservations and single jobs

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 23 02:49:53 GMT 2008

In our cluster (6.2), I have a user who likes to use drmaa to submit jobs.
He submits a single job at a time and uses a fixed number of processors at a
given time.  I have a second user who wants to run a big parallel job and so
submits with a reservation with a request for a number of nodes larger than
that available (due to the first user).  Now, it seems that the first user
can continue to submit jobs one-at-a-time and have those jobs run and the
reservation does not seem to be in place.  Is this an expected behavior, or
is there something that I missed in configuration?  There are no special
policies or anything like that set up.

Thanks,
Sean