[GE users] Getting exclusive use of a node

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Dec 23 16:19:47 GMT 2008

I think this question has been asked and answered not too long ago on
this list. However, when I search the archives I can't find the answer.
I could be using the wrong search terms. Sorry if I'm repeating a question.

On my cluster, some users would like to use OpenMP within a node, and
then MPI for internode communications. To take full advantage of this,
they would like to request exclusive use of a node for their jobs, so
they can use all the RAM on the node. In PBS/Torque, you'd do this with
'-l ppn=1', or something like that.

What is the best way to do this in SGE? Does SGE have similar ppn=x
syntax, or do I need to create another (superordinate) queue where each
node has only a single slot? Would requesting all the RAM for the node
in qsub command work?

--
Prentice