[GE users] Private networks in SGE 6.2

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Dec 24 16:26:21 GMT 2008

Multiple networks are quite common, the standard example is a login/
qmaster node that operates on both public/private networks and a whole
pile of compute nodes operating only on a private network.

You failed to mention where your qmaster host will be, things will be
much easier if your qmaster host is active on both networks and can
route/ping/nslookup hosts on both the public/private side. You don't
want the qmaster to be going through a gateway or NAT service so it's
usually far easier to attach it to all the networks you care about.
This can be done with separate NIC cards or VLANs etc.

-Chris