[GE users] sge_share_mon Issues

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Wed Dec 31 06:55:30 GMT 2008

I'm trying to extract information about the current share tree status
using sge_share_mon, and I'm running into some issues.  First, the
job_count field is always zero.  I haven't looked at the scheduler
source code yet, but I suspect it's because that field is no longer
used.  Can anyone deny or confirm?  Also, in my configuration, the
halflife_decay_list is cpu=-1:mem=-1:io=-1, so for me the actual_share
field only contains information about the jobs scheduled during the last
scheduler run.  The long and short target_share fields don't appear to
be doing much of anything.  All I really need is an accurate
actual_share for my share tree nodes.  If the job_count worked, I could
calculate the actual share.  As is, it's looking like my only
alternative is to do some really ugly qstat processing.  Anyone have
clever suggestions?

Thanks,
Daniel