[GE users] Using bash as the default shell

Neil Baker neil.baker at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 13:00:47 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to find out where I can set the default shell which JOBs
use in Grid Engine 5.3 without success.  All our Grid jobs need to run in
BASH, but by default Grid Engine 5.3 uses CSH.  We can override it within
the job scripts by adding the line "#$ -S /bin/bash" but is there a way we
can configure the Grid Engine to use BASH as the default so that we don't
have to keep remembering to override the CSH default every time?

Regards

Neil