[GE users] Help: Slots Problem

openlinuxsource openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 10:56:46 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have a problem when I submit parallel job script.

I use the following commands to submit scripts.
a. qsub -pe mpich 8 job.sh
b. qsub -pe mpich 6-8 job.sh
My PE is mpich, it's an tight integration. I find that when I use the
command qstat to show system information, a and b command will take the
same slots, 8 slots.

So what's the difference between them? Why SGE will start the same slots?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee
**