[GE users] upgrading sge

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Mon Jan 7 08:16:38 GMT 2008

Davide,

it's only necessary to execute the inst_sge -upd on the master host.
During the upgrade new settings and rc-files. The rc-files have to be
copied manually, for each execution node, to the eg. rc2.d  directory,
if you are using this mechanism.

Regards,
Marco

Davide Cittaro wrote:
> Hi all, I have to upgrade from 60u8 to 61u3, I've read the short
> instructions in a previous message and I still have a silly doubt: do
> I have to exectute inst_sge -upd on each cluster node or just on the
> master one?
> thanks

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028