[GE users] windows execution host installation problem

Sandeep, Patel(IE10) Sandeep.Patel2 at Honeywell.com
Mon Jan 7 12:30:12 GMT 2008

Hi  nico duce

    I think it is not required. Becoz previously I have installed in
DELL duo core. That time I m able to configure execution host. But when
I m trying in dell690. I m unable to do si

________________________________

From: nico duce [mailto:nicoduce at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 4:12 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] windows execution host installation problem

One question, I thought you must make installations with the csp
certificates option. Is that correct ?

Nico

On Jan 7, 2008 5:44 AM, Jigar Halani < jigar at talentain.com
<mailto:jigar at talentain.com> > wrote:

Sandeep,

OK let's start from the scratch.

1)      First install a new Linux machine and make it a execution host,
if this works that means your Grid-master machine is Ok. Now add a entry
of windows machine into /etc/hosts and add the same machine as
execution/submission host with the help of following command:

                # qconf -ah <hostname>

               # qconf -as <hostname>

2)      Now login to windows machine as " Administrator'.

3)      Create a folder C:\Unix\etc.

4)      Copy /etc/passwd and /etc/group files from Qmaster (Grid-master)
in C:\Unix\etc

5)      Install Microsoft Services for Unix.

6)      Choose custom installation.

7)      Select all the tools to be installed

8)      Choose "Local user name mapping server, and give the path of
both the file (e.g. in our case C:\Unix\etc\passwd and C:\Unix\etc\group
respectively)

9)    Now once you install the SFU, start the SFU administration.

10)   Click client for NFS, Check write properties for Group  and
Others. Click Apply on right top corner.

11)    Now go to user name mapping and map the Administrator with ROOT

12)   Click on the password sync.

13)   Apply and exit

14)   Now specify the ports (e.g. sge_qmaster 1536/tcp and sge_execd
1537/tcp) into c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services

15)   Make a link of NFS, with the help of kron shell

16)   And run "inst_sge -x"

Finish the installation and get your machine into Grid as execution
host.  :-)

Please refer the doc from Sun "installation guide" for more details.

And also let me know if you need some more help on the same.

--

Thanks and regards,

Jigar Halani

Talentain Technologies