[GE users] Memory leak in 6.1u2 ?

Richard Ems Richard.Ems at cape-horn-eng.com
Tue Jan 8 11:08:37 GMT 2008

Hi all!

Today I could reproduce a situation where the memory leak triggers with
the debug binary, so here is the result from mtrace.

The sge_schedd_malloc_trace.log file got 1.2 GB big.

Appended the first 10000 lines from mtrace's output, do you need
more/other lines?

Hope this helps finding the leak!

Thanks, Richard

Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM wrote:
> Good. Please run this scenario with the instrumented scheduler.
> If you need any help with setting things up, let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
>

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Richard Ems wrote:
>
>> More info:
>>
>> 1. When disabling all the queues the qmaster and scheduler process run
>> as expected 8)
>>
>> 2. Enabling them lets the scheduler go up to 4 GB RAM.
>>
>> 3. After disabling all queues again and restarting all runs fine again.
>>
>> 4. Enabling one by one works also. Jobs get scheduled one by one, the
>> scheduler process does not use more memory than usual.
>>
>> 5. But, enabling 2 queues at once made the scheduler go up to 1.1 GB !
>>
>> cheers, Richard
>>

>> --
>> Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com
>>
>> Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
>> C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
>> 46011 Valencia
>> Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924

> <°)))><
>
> http://gridengine.info/
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, D-85551
> Kirchheim-Heimstetten
> Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer

Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com

Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
46011 Valencia
Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924