[GE users] Memory leak in 6.1u2 ?

Richard Ems Richard.Ems at cape-horn-eng.com
Tue Jan 8 17:19:16 GMT 2008

Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> the attachement went through and by combining Caller-adresses
> with information from nm(1) I can even assign where the memory drops
> were allocated. Unfortunately it unveils me not more than that it was
> allocated by lCreateElem() and lCreateList() standard functions.
> For finding the leak this information is as valuable as knowing the
> memory was allocated through malloc().
>
> Actually what I need to know is the stack trace of each lost memory
> drop, but that information is not provided by GNU malloc library.
> That means mtrace is generally not usable for hunting leaks.

How should I proceed next time the leak appears?
Could the output of " strace -p `pidof sge_schedd` " be of any help?
Other ideas?

Thanks, Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems at Cape-Horn-Eng.com

Cape Horn Engineering S.L.
C/ Dr. J.J. Dómine 1, 5? piso
46011 Valencia
Tel : +34 96 3242923 / Fax 924