[GE users] How to execute a Parallel jobs?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 9 13:38:34 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 09.01.2008 um 13:57 schrieb tce tce:

> I want to execute a MPI-CH program in SGE means do I need to
> install the MPI-CH tool in all the nodes. Is SGE gives any build in
> tool which executes the mpi program.

most likely you only need some scripts to be available (or
accessible) on all nodes: mpirun, mpirun.args, mpirun.ch_p4 and
mpirun.ch_p4.args (assuming the most common configuration for MPICH)
which you could even put into any shared location and adjust your
$PATH to access them. Some hints to integrate MPICH into SGE you will
find in $SGE_ROOT/mpi and http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich-
integration.html