[GE users] Sharing among job sets of the same user?

Richard Sexton rich.sexton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:31:01 GMT 2008

Hi folks,

Is there a simple way to evenly share resources for multiple job sets
submitted by the same user (and same project)? Our goal is to allow the user
to see progress on two or more job sets at the same time.

Currently, the hack we've developed to make this work is to create new
projects for each job set and then recalculate their functional share
dynamically depending on how many jobs for the same user/project are
running. This creates a lot of overhead and seems very sloppy. There has got
to be a better way!

Perhaps new features in 6.1 will help?

Thanks, everyone!

Richard Sexton