[GE users] Sge pid files

Mulley, Nikhil Nikhil.Mulley at deshaw.com
Thu Jan 10 08:12:59 GMT 2008

Currently the schedd.pid and qmaster.pid, does not tell which host is
actually running those process. In the event of failover, and failback,
the pid files might be updated but in what course we detect these
processes are running on which machines. In my environment, we have one
grid master and 2 shadow hosts. I can think of only way is to look at
act_qmaster file and login to that host for checking the pids. Is there
a better way that the content of these pid files could be changed to
include the hostname as well ?

Thanks,
Nikhil