[GE users] Scheduler died unexpectedly

Mulley, Nikhil Nikhil.Mulley at deshaw.com
Thu Jan 10 08:16:02 GMT 2008

I want to look at why and how the scheduler died. I am using SGE
v6.0.11. Any (forensic) reports could be generated that why the
scheduler could have died in first place?

First thing that I came to notice that scheduler is died as the
schedd.pid was referring to non-existing pid number on my qmaster host
(from the act_qmaster file), I was wondering why is that shadowd did not
notice this and did not start the schedd/qmaster on one of the shadow
masters ? Is this mechanism can be expected from the host running
shadowd?

Thanks,
Nikhil