[GE users] Grid configuration change-management

Erik Soyez E.Soyez at science-computing.de
Mon Jan 14 12:33:57 GMT 2008

Good day Nikhil,

in my opinion this would be a very very useful feature.  Fortunately
we can use scVenus with most of our SGE installations - otherwise I
would call this feature "most essential".  One first step could be
a qconf option like "-dump" and "-restore" to backup the entire
cluster configuration as a plain text file (or xml).  I've been
missing that for a long time.  It would not only be great for
configuration backups and version control interfaces but also to get
an instant configuration overview (e.g. for support and debugging).

Erik Soyez.

P.S.: Another important feature for multi admin environments would be
a qmod option to add comments e.g. why queues have been disabled etc.

Vorstand/Board of Management:
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Prof. Dr. Hanns Ruder