[GE users] qrsh

Timothy Fennell Timothy.Fennell at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 14 16:12:29 GMT 2008

  Has anyone else had this problem with qrsh.  When I try to qrsh to a
machine I receive the following message:

Warning: no access to tty (Inappropriate ioctl for device).
Thus no job control in this shell.

I have seen other postings concerning stty and I still receive this
message after enclosing stty statements in an if statement.  Does anyone
know how I get rid of this warning?
-Tim

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.