[GE users] Re: Windows Execution Host

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Jan 16 18:05:08 GMT 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 12:51 PM, Beat Rubischon wrote:

> During the last days, I set up an AMD64 based system and expanded my
> "changes.tar.gz" with the needed symlinks [1]. Additionally I found
> the reason why my users were not able to access network shares -
> enable_windomacc is the key. Next time I read the documentation, I
> promise :-)
>
> Chris, thanks for the posting on your blog!

Laziness is what first got me contributing to open source efforts
(bioperl.org) many years ago and is why I love bogs, wikis and this
mailing list today -- the ability to leverage the work of smart people
so that you can do your own work faster or with more elegance.

Trying to get my head around SGE running on Windows has been on my to-
do list for 6 months now. I figure your PDF writeup and changes.tar.gz
is going to save me at least a weeks worth of flailing around
uselessly. Thanks!

-Chris