[GE users] What does the definition of slots for a cluster queue mean?

Craig Tierney Craig.Tierney at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 16 18:52:25 GMT 2008

I was reading the definition of slots for queues, and I am
confused by it.  It reads:

slots
        The maximum number of concurrently executing jobs allowed in the queue.  Type is number.

Is the slots value relative to each host in the cluster queue, or
the total number of jobs that can be in the cluster queue?

I have 16 nodes, each with 2 processors.  Does this mean the number
of slots for the queue should be "32" or "2"?

Thanks,
Craig

--
Craig Tierney (craig.tierney at noaa.gov)