[GE users] What does the definition of slots for a cluster queue mean?

Alexandre Racine Alexandre.Racine at mhicc.org
Wed Jan 16 19:21:55 GMT 2008

Usually a slot will be a processor. So if you have 16 nodes with 2 processors and one queue attributed to all machines, you'll have a queue of 32 slots (2 per machine).

If this is your first SGE cluster, I would recommend to stick to one slot = one processor.

Alexandre Racine
Projets spéciaux
514-461-1300 poste 3304
alexandre.racine at mhicc.org