[GE users] Job deletion problems

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Jan 17 06:35:40 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 11:33 +0530, Ravi Chandra Nallan wrote:
> Not sure if I understood your problem.
> But if you mean that the jobs get deleted when h_rt of job = 72:00:00,
> and the queue is configured with a limit of h_rt=72:00:00, then what you
> are seeing is obvious.
>
>  From queue_conf(5)
>

> Sorry of I got you wrong.

Ravi, you hav not got me wrong at all. Thankyou for the help.

One question I would like to ask - in a Parallel Environment you have a
job start script and a job stop script.
In our case the job stop script loops round the exec hosts which ran the
job (ie the hosts in the PE hostnames file) and kills the MPI processes.
I always assumed that when a job is terminated by exceeding h_rt or
indeed by an explicit qdel then the PE job stop script is called.
I'm sure I've seen this in operation - I've been using Gridengine for
several years. I'm just at the moment doubting my sanity though.